Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Nihilism

Zen is also often accused of nihilism as a result of misunderstanding the Buddhist idea that nothing exists independently. In fact, after explaining some of my ideas to a colleague he accused me of being nihilistic. "I am quite happy to be called nihilistic", I said to him. "Why is that?" he asked. "Because I do not know what it means" was my reply. Just in case you don't know what it means here is a definition;

nihilistic (narhr'listik, nr-), a and sh. A. adj. Of, relating to, or professing, hihilism: a. in philosophy or religion.

...that was not very helpful was it?

P.S. Oh, and by the way, as I said earlier, it is impossible to learn Zen from a blog, it is also impossible to learn how to develop software from a blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Technology
Blog Top Sites Weblogs Directory SynBlog.com - Blog Directory View Terence Thorpe's profile on LinkedIn