Friday, April 14, 2006

00 Koans

  • Would 'thing-orientation' have created the same academic and commercial interest as 'object-orientation'?

  • What is the difference between object orientation and entity analysis?

Because I know nothing about OO it is time for another digression, in fact, how about a series of nested digressions?

I started programming using Assembler language with the odd, occasional, drop into machine code. I subsequently went on to use COBOL and then a series of 4GL's which, as you can read elsewhere, seemed to make extensive use of punctuation marks of one sort or another. However, nothing could prepare me for my first sight of the structure of the C language, and where on earth did they get the idea for the name C+ and C++, what is wrong with I, II, III, and IV; or even l, 2, 3, 4; whoever said you can mix arithmetic symbols in amongst the rest of the alphabet. You c++an see what c++ould happen if this c++oncept were to c++atch on, and what has this to do with objec++t orientation?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Technology
Blog Top Sites Weblogs Directory SynBlog.com - Blog Directory View Terence Thorpe's profile on LinkedIn