Thursday, June 14, 2007

NFL

I'm a big fan of American Football, and my 'local' team are the Philadelphia Eagles although as you can see from the following map this is stretching the term 'local' to its absolute limits;



I was once able to see the Eagles play at the American Bowl in London and after the game the quarterback, Randall Cunningham, walked past me - these people are pretty big aren't they?




What's the point behind all this American Football stuff? Well, on the first day of the project I brought in my Eagles souvenir ball and put it on my desk. I then explained to the team that they could throw the ball around the office but only after six o'clock when all the other staff had left. I actually thought that the fact the ball was there would be enough, but at one minute past six on that first day the ball was being thrown all around. In fact, I was sat at my desk in the middle of the office during this with the ball whizzing dangerously over my head. The ball throwing sessions carried on for a few months but the ball has since always had pride of place on my desk.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Wonderful topic, but will this really work?

3:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Technology
Blog Top Sites Weblogs Directory SynBlog.com - Blog Directory View Terence Thorpe's profile on LinkedIn